Sunday, August 8, 2010

When all I wanted to be was spiderman...


I remember when all I wanted to be was Spiderman or some other great superhero, anyone remember Voltron or He-man, those were the simpler times. I think about my son and how he has it pretty easy, if he only knew what he could get away with if her were a good boy all the time. But really how hard do I have it? I have it pretty easy. I go to work come home to an incredible family and get to see my son grow up right before my eyes. So why then, if I have it so easy, do I make things difficult. Why aren't things perfect all the time? Pride, selfishness, greed, unwillingness to compromise. Why is this part of my nature? I hate these things because they steal my joy, hurt relationships and cause pain. I vowe this year to make things more simple, to take time back to when I wanted to be a superhero. Like my wife would say "to live in the simple purity of the lillies and the sparrows".

No comments:

Post a Comment